Are you interested in volunteering with Caraway? So much of the work of the charity is reliant on the generously given time of volunteers, so we would really appreciate your support in this way.
How can I get involved as a volunteer? There are a number of different ways that you can get involved in volunteering for Caraway…
- Perhaps you are a gifted listener and would like to join a team that visits local care homes?
- Maybe you are a skilled baker or have a love of catering and would like to help serving food and drinks at one of our community events?
- Become an Anna Chaplain or an assistant to one.
- Or maybe you feel a deep sense of compassion for older people and would just like to find out more about the scope of the work of Caraway and experience different aspects of Older People’s Chaplaincy.
Actively recruiting volunteers
Wellbeing Volunteers for Dementia Project is actively recruiting more volunteers to support Southampton families living with dementia with our telephone listening service.
Can you give the gift of your time?
- Become a wellbeing volunteer providing telephone support to families living with dementia
- Help out at one of Southampton’s Memory Cafes
- Full training and regular support sessions are provided for our volunteers
…Just an hour or two a week or fortnight will make a real difference to someone else’s life!
In the meantime, find out more about the different aspects of the work of Caraway:
Anna Chaplains are available across Southampton to listen, to pray and to connect you with others in the community. Contact your local Anna Chaplain here if you’d like a visit or more information.
Training and Resourcing
Regular training events are run for those working alongside older people, in church, community or care. Contact us if your group would like someone to come and talk further about Caraway.
Holiday at Home
Caraway has funding to run several of these wonderful community events across Southampton next year. They bring older people together over a day of fun and friendship; so pack your bags and get ready!
We gather monthly to build a community that provides a safe and hospitable space to creatively explore the Christian faith, through story-telling, craft, and music, finishing with a simple lunch together.
Sign up to join us in this exciting work, receive our newsletter, send a donation or make a legacy. We would love to stay in contact with you and share relevant news from across Southampton.
If we can help you as an individual, or as a carer, group, or partner, we would love to hear from you. We also welcome your suggestions, as we continue to shape the future of Caraway.