Refresh and Resource 2023 “Facing the Final Frontier” Death, Dying and Bereavement – Wednesday 15th March 2023 at Highfield Church.
What a wonderful uplifting day, completely contradictory to the days title. Over eighty of us spent “Facing the Final Frontier” at Caraway’s 2023 Refresh & Resource Day!
We gathered at Highfield Church at 9.30 catching up with friends old and new over tea, coffee and pastries.
Revd Erica Roberts, Revd Penny Thatcher and Dr Ros Simpson from Caraway hosted the day alongside Dr Marianne Plater, Jill Phipps, Nicola Symes, Revd Sally Rees and Debbie Ducille as guest speakers sharing their personal and practical insights and exploring many important issues around end of life and bereavement.
Our Refresh and Resource 2023 morning was spent listening to a range of informative and insightful stories of lived experiences from our speakers. The programme running order was:
- Can we Die Well? by Dr Marianne Plater
- Beginning the Grief Journey by Jill Phipps
- Being Alongside the Dying an interview with Nicola Symes
- Final Wishes by Revd Sally Rees
The morning session closed with a panel discussion with our speakers, with questions being submitted by paper throughout the morning. Breaking for a light lunch of sandwiches and delicious cakes
After lunch, dividing into smaller groups, the gathering took the opportunity to explore a range of topics discussed through a range of interactive practical workshops.
The Workshop Groups for our Refresh and Resource 2023 focussed on:
- Grave Talk
- Living with Loss
- Sharing Resources for the Journey
- Creative Space
The inspiring day closed with a beautiful warm reflection from the BRF’s very own Debbie Ducille.
A huge thank you to…
- All of our speakers for the day, without your time this event would not have happened.
- Karen and Dorenda for your hard work in preparation and serving us with delicious refreshments throughout the day.
- All of the volunteers helping us to prepare paperwork and the venue.